Choosing a Third Party Authenticator App
Third party authenticator apps are a more secure way to do multifactor authentication than receiving a confirmation text or email code. (For more on MFA, check out our recent post here.) When you need access to a connected account, you sign is as normal. Then you land on another screen, where you verify your identity with a time-sensitive code available in the app.
Considerations when selecting a third-party authenticator app:
- Does it back up your account info in case you change phones?
- Can you further secure the app itself by biometric such as fingerprint or facial recognition?
- Is it important to you to use separate sources for password management and authentication?
- Are you interested in push-authentication? (Where the app loads your request for authorization, and you simply click “Accept” if the request is valid.)
- Do you want it to be compatible with a certain kind of phone (Android/iPhone) or other device (such as a smart watch)?
Want to know more?
Find a straightforward rundown of PCMag’s picks for best authenticator apps at their original post.
ABOUT FRONTLINE TECHNOLOGY LLC
Frontline Technology is a Managed Service Provider for nonprofits and small businesses. Founded by pastors and ministry leaders with the principle to see lives changed, Frontline’s core values of Engage, Equip, and Serve translate into valuing client relationships over adding a number to the portfolio.
Frontline understands that technology is often thought to be complicated and expensive. Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be that way. Gain peace of mind by working with a like-minded company that understands your challenges and allows you to focus on your vision.
For non-profit organizations and businesses of every type and size: We Keep IT Simple
Frontline Technology is one of the only ministry-focused IT companies that is led by pastors and ministry leaders.