Enabling Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
Multifactor authentication is a method of securing access to your accounts by more than just one means. Your password does not offer the security you may hope, as it can be scooped up by hackers without too much fuss.
Authentication factors fit into one of three categories:
- Knowledge: Something you know, such as your password.
- Possession: Something you have, such as your cell phone.
- Personal Quality: Something you are, such as your fingerprint.
Key Take Aways
- Being secure isn’t easy. Any one method of authentication—especially a password—can be compromised relatively easily.
- Hacking through multiple methods of authentication is far more difficult than hacking through any one method.
- More and more services and apps can be secured using MFA.
Want to know more?
We’re loving this quick blog from PCMag with easy how-tos on setting up multifactor authentication on an array of popular sites. Stop by PCMag’s original post if you see the value in MFA but don’t quite know where to start.
ABOUT FRONTLINE TECHNOLOGY LLC
Frontline Technology is a Managed Service Provider for nonprofits and small businesses. Founded by pastors and ministry leaders with the principle to see lives changed, Frontline’s core values of Engage, Equip, and Serve translate into valuing client relationships over adding a number to the portfolio.
Frontline understands that technology is often thought to be complicated and expensive. Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be that way. Gain peace of mind by working with a like-minded company that understands your challenges and allows you to focus on your vision.
For non-profit organizations and businesses of every type and size: We Keep IT Simple
Frontline Technology is one of the only ministry-focused IT companies that is led by pastors and ministry leaders.